May 21st, 2020
We hope that the beautiful weather has filled you with a spirit of optimism for the future. Our team misses you all and hopes that you and your loved ones are doing well during these unprecedented times. There's one thing that remains unchanged, and that is our caring team at Wellesley Dental Group (WDG), which remains committed to serving the oral care needs of the community while also maintaining safety as our top priority.
Following the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) guidance on COVID-19, WDG is temporarily offering only emergency and essential dental care until June 7th. We will fully reopen on June 8th and to protect your health and safety, we have added new equipment and protocols at our office. Please read below some of the changes we have made, in addition to those mandated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), to ensure the well-being of patients who need emergency dental care:
Enhanced Safety Measures:
- We have adjusted our schedule to limit the number of patients in the office at any given time
- We are implementing an enhanced disinfecting protocol and allowing for ample time between patients to ensure rooms are meticulously disinfected
- We have invested in UV-C lights, surgical air purifiers, medical-grade HVAC ionizers & filters, and aerosol extraoral suctions.. You can learn more about the increased safety this equipment below.
- Staff that can work remotely will do so, and any in-office staff will have their temperature checked daily
- Dentists, hygienists, and assistants will be in full PPE at all times, including: surgical face mask, face shield, disposable gowns and caps, and shoe covers
- When booking your next appointment, you can now request for the whole family to be seen at once. When possible, our entire office will be reserved for your family, limiting your interaction to only our essential staff
- All patients will be pre-screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, including a temperature check with a no-touch thermometer
- To avoid congestion in our reception area, please text the office at 781-462-6401 when you arrive and wait in your car until your appointment time
- Upon entering the office, all patients are required to wear a mask and disinfect their hands (hand sanitizer will be provided)
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone; children may be accompanied by one guardian
- To minimize exposure, all future scheduling and financial transactions will take place in treatment rooms (no need to stop by the front desk on your way out)
- Our office has installed Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved extra-oral suction systems to remove and filter aerosol particles created by dental procedures. These systems are equip with a H13 HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter and UV-C light to filter viruses, blood, germs, and fluids.
- In addition, we have installed HEPA air purifiers, including medical grade UV purifiers, in the reception area and hallways. These air filters are fitted with H13 HEPA material which is tested to eliminate 99.97% of airborne pollutants as small as 0.1 microns (0.00001 cm)! The estimated size of COVID-19 is approximately 0.12 microns. Additionally, the UV614 air purifiers are fitted with True Medical-grade HEPA enhanced to capture 99.99% of particles. These filters are particularly effective for individuals who have immune systems that are compromised.
- We are equipped with hospital-grade H-VAC filters and ionizers that remove and neutralize airborne pollutants like bacteria, viruses, mold, and allergens. The H-VAC MERV 13 filters capture microbial pollutants that are less than 1 micron in size. The H-VAC ionizers function by removing essential hydrogen atoms from airborne pollutants, inhibiting potentially dangerous pathogens from surviving.
- Around our office you will also see sterilization UV lamps that work concurrently with heightened airflow management and filtration to reduce the viability of viral and bacterial pathogens by breaking down microbial genetic material (DNA).
We continue to wish that you and your families are safe and healthy. Feel free to contact Drs. Ali & Ali and the caring team at Wellesley Dental Group if you have any thoughts or concerns; they will be happy to answer your questions! Contact us today at 781-237-9071.