January 12th, 2017
Some common new year's resolutions are exercising more or trying a new activity, but did you know that improving your oral health should also be one of your priorities for 2017? Healthy teeth is the key to your overall well-being! A few small improvements could lead to great rewards.
The first step to a healthier mouth is to have better brushing and flossing habits.
- If you've had your toothbrush for more than three or four months, replace it! Worn bristles don't clean your teeth as well as a brand new toothbrush!
- Brush at least two times a day with a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes every day. This is the best way to avoid bad breath, cavities, and infection!
- Don't forget to floss at least once a day to get rid of the bacteria and food particles stuck between your teeth.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash.
Another important part of maintaining your oral health is your diet.
- Avoid acidic and sugary drinks to prevent tooth decay!
- Try to limit snacking in between meals
- Chew sugar-free gum or brush after meals
- Drink water with fluoride
And last but not least, make sure to schedule regular appointments with your dentist!
- You could prevent oral diseases or fix them at an early stage
- You may need braces to fix abnormal bites, straighten your teeth, or enhance your smile
- You could get whitening treatment to have a whiter smile
- It's important for your overall health!
Feel free to contact Drs. Ali & Ali and their newest addition to the team, Dr. Zarah Ali, if you have any thoughts or concerns. The caring team at Wellesley Dental Group will be happy to answer your questions! Contact us today at 781-237-9071 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment and consultation.
Your little ones and teens are welcome to visit our pediatric dentist Dr. Van. Dr. Emad is happy to help with your orthodontic needs. For wisdom teeth extractions or any other periodontal or oral surgery needs, Dr. Ghazi would be more than willing to help.