Digital X-Ray Technology – Wellesley, MA
Taking a Closer Look at Your Oral Health
Using the most advanced dental technology possible is just as important as staying up-to-date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our dental office is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology in our Wellesley, MA dental office.
Is a digital X-ray really safer?
Because we care about your entire body's health and well-being, we believe that reducing the amount of radiation you are exposed to is extremely important. Although the amount of radiation used in dental X-rays is very small, the effect is cumulative, so all radiation counts. Digital X-rays can reduce your exposure to radiation by up to 80%!
What are the advantages of digital X-rays?
- We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your appointment, and digital X-rays eliminate the need to bite down on a sharp piece of film encased in plastic.
- There is no need to wait for the X-ray film to be developed before it can be viewed, so your entire checkup can be a lot shorter.
- The digital images can be enlarged and manipulated, giving your doctor a clearer, more detailed look at your teeth.
- Because you can see the image enlarged on a screen, you can better understand your dental condition and why treatments may be necessary.
- It's better for the earth! There is no need to use harmful chemicals to process film.
Our dental office is focused on making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.